Wednesday, December 31, 2003

Five Resolutions for 2004

I've dropped fifteen pounds since Labor Day and am back to fighting welterweight, the bank has finally relented and given me a line of credit, and I got my hair cut even shorter so I don't have to worry about having a comb on me any more. And to top it off, my doctor waived the "avoid alcohol" warning that seems to come with every one of those damn little pills he prescribes for me. Way to go Dr. Nick!

So things are looking up and I feel it's appropriate to come up with some resolutions for the new year:

1) Move to NYC, kick Ryan Adams' teeth in, steal Parker Posey from him. When ordering from the raven-haired beauty at the coffee shop, for once pocket my change without fumbling.

2) Travel, see the world, experience other cultures. Work at retaining my medium-thick NoDak/Finlander accent.

3) Camp out on the plaza of the Rarig Center until Chuck & Joel have another "Since You've Been Gone" mini-thon. Call the Cosmic Slop show more often.

4) Work on my poor vocabulary, I'm a writer and all. Say "what a coinkedink" instead of "what a coincidence" more. And I mean a lot more.

5) Read more books.