Monday, April 26, 2004

And Doc, If You're Reading This - I'm Just Joking Around ... You're The Best ... Please Remember The Novocaine

My new dentist is a former Gopher hockey player. The first time I went to him, he took great care of me in an emergency situation, so I continue to go back. But last fall I had a cavity (first one in many years), and this morning he recommended replacing an old filling. When I hear these diagnoses, I wonder what my chart may say, because my first conversation with him comes to mind:

BT: Didn't you used to play for the Gophers?

Dr: Yes I did. Have you followed them over the years?

BT's Brain: Just say you love college hockey! Just say you love college hockey!

BT: I'm actually a huge Sioux fan.

Hygienest: Don't say that around him!

Oh well, at least I get to look forward to another new soon-to-be hip/retro silver filling.