Monday, May 16, 2005

Representative Hornstein Is My Guy

Last week I wrote my state representative and state senator to express my disapproval for the proposed increase in the Hennepin County sales tax that would help pay for a new Twins stadium. Representative Frank Hornstein (DFL, District 60B) replied to my email in under 14 hours:

Dear Bill:

Thanks for your letter. I strongly agree with you and plan to vote
against the stadium when the issue comes before the Local Government
Committee on Thursday or Friday.

I appreciated hearing from you, and please contact me if you have
further ideas, advice or concerns.

Frank Hornstein
State Representative


I see the Local Government Committee's meeting on this issue was postponed until today. Tonight I may have to take a break from my watching last week's episode of "The O.C." to see how the vote went.