Thursday, April 24, 2008

From Looking At The Potential Source Material, This Sitcom Could Run Forever

I finally got around to watching The Accountants, the 2006 mini-episodes web-only spinoff of The Office (which is merely the best sitcom since Seinfeld.) They were pretty good, two thoughts:

- In the last episode, we see that Dunder-Mifflin logs accounting entries into ledger books. Personally, I haven't seen this type of accounting in twenty years as pretty much everything has been done with software since the late eighties. I was wondering why it took them so long to find a $3,000 gap in the books.

- Accounting boss Angela is so hot! Five-foot one (she shops at Gap Kids and American Girl), blonde, and always angry. If she were my boss, she would drive me nuts and I'm not talking about work here.

- Accountant Kevin is really starting to grow on me, the kicker was when he took money from petty cash to bet on The Detroit Pistons. Plus he's the one who refers to the five tenants of the building as "The Five Families" and to the company heads as "bosses." If I worked with him I guarantee you that I would have seen his bands Scrantonicity and Scrantonicity II, and I don't even like the Police that much. He could be a candidate for the Accounting Hall of Fame.