Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Where Is The List Of Minneapolis Bars With Wi-Fi?

A few weeks ago the hard drive on my iMac crashed and needed to be replaced. I was so disgusted with Apple that ... I went out and bought a MacBook laptop, plus an Airport Express so I can print and get to the Internet wirelessly. So now in my little home office, the iMac desktop is the accounting computer and the MacBook is my writing computer. Plus all my CDs are now in my iTunes so the laptop will also be hooked up to my stereo to play those. (This means my CDs are now out of the living room and their place near the stereo is now filled by vinyl!)

So now I'm looking forward to being Writer Guy At The Coffee Shop With His Laptop. I know I won't be able to give up the Mead Five Star notebooks for creating prose, but the laptop will come in handy for typing up my handwritten notes. Perhaps more importantly, it will be there in case the joint is playing Bjork and then I can listen to the Faces on headphones instead.