Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Billy Gets His Tooth Sawed Down

As reported on the Cosmic Slop show last Sunday (they reported it because I emailed 'em all about it with my request - which was played, those guys are great - for "Popcorn" by Hot Butter), I shattered a tooth a few weeks back while munching on popcorn and watching the Timberwolves on TV. I did manage to tough it out and have a couple of more Old Styles that night, but I have sworn popcorn off indefinitely.

So last week I had a temporary crown put in. (The permanent one gets put in next week.) Halfway through the hour-long procedure, while I was propped back and my mouth was wide open and swallowing was difficult, another dentist popped in and talked my dentist's ear off about a potential golf outing. He wouldn't freakin' leave - he kept doing the Columbo "one more thing" deal - and I was mostly pissed and just a little bemused. Why the bemusement? Somewhere in my head, a voice was saying: "Isn't this something from a Replacements song?"