Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Politics Aside, These Days I'm Telling The Girls That "I'm Studying The Art And The Form Of The Personal Essay"

I am at my secret getaway and on a writing break until June 17th or so.

- FDR was hands-down the greatest U.S. president of the twentieth century. Keep him on the dime.

- Yesterday Dan "The Common Man" Cole did a brilliant job of fleshing out the right-hand side of my poster. I'm mailing him one.

- Another reason to cheer against the Lakers: Brian Wilson has been spotted at Staples Center. When Little Richard and Chuck Berry coast on the laurels of music they made decades ago, they get referred to as "nostalgia acts." When Wilson does it, he's referred to as a "reclusive genius."

- SCTV is out on DVD. Cool.

- Any man who drinks Michelob Ultra, Rolling Rock Green Light, or Aspen Edge (not to mention light beers) needs to go check his makeup.

- Something I wrote for City Pages is on this page somewhere.

- Let's all adopt the philosophy of Doctor J: "Dare to be great."