Thursday, March 24, 2005

Eight Games On TV This Weekend

I am once again matching up with The Elder from Fraters Libertas in a college hockey playoffs pick 'em match. He will match his actually-goes-to-games (and plays-the-game) prowess against my futon-potato street smarts. I am getting in shape for Saturday, when on Fox Sports North there is four games broadcasting between 11:00 am and approximately 9:30 pm.

EAST REGIONAL

Boston College 6
Mercyhurst 1

North Dakota 3
Boston University 2

Boston College 4
North Dakota 2


WEST REGIONAL

Cornell 4
Ohio State 3

Maine 3
Minnesota 1

Maine 4
Cornell 3


MIDWEST REGIONAL

Colorado College 4
Colgate 2

Michigan 5
Wisconsin 2

Michigan 4
Colorado College 2


NORTHEAST REGIONAL

Harvard 2
New Hamphsire 1

Denver 6
Bemidji State 2

Denver 5
Harvard 2


FROZEN FOUR

Boston College 3
Maine 1

Denver 3
Michigan 2

Denver 2
Boston College 1

Honestly, I haven't seen many teams outside of the WCHA for an extended period of time this season. Michigan looked tough for the bit I saw them last weekend. I keep thinking that Colorado College is the best team I've seen, but Denver keeps finding ways to win. I'm going with them. So not only will Denver win back-to-back national titles, they win their seventh title, moving into a tie with North Dakota for #2 in titles behind Michigan with nine.