Saturday, February 10, 2007

Life Is Great

- I have two writing projects I'm working on. I was told years ago that writers generally struggle with A) not finding subjects to write on; or B) having subjects but not being able to find a way to write about them. I am usually plagued with "A."

- I'm busy with accounting work and am not scrounging in the futon mattress for spare change.

- I have a nice backlog of books to read.

- I also have a nice backlog of Netflix movies I'm excited to watch.

And now to top it all off, the UND athletic department is now offering webcasts of Sioux sports on its website. Hey - they are even Mac compatible! The webcasts are free, though I suspect they might charge for them in the future. (Homer Simpson: "Get us addicted, then jack up the price!")

Oh and two pertinent questions on the Judy's Tavern Incident: 1) How drunk was Bina if he thought that somebody - and cops in this instance - in Grand Forks wouldn't know who a Sioux hockey player was? Walking away from the scene isn't exactly going to help you in the long run. 2) What kind of squad cars do the Grand Forks police use that they can be opened from the inside by a suspect?