Thursday, February 01, 2007

Love Numbers?

There was an insert in this week's City Pages for the accounting program at some place called DeVry University.

After reading the insert, all I can say is: "Yes, all you present and future accountants. Please get jobs at ad agencies and Fortune 500 companies and leave the accounting of Minneapolis's small businesses to yours truly. Hell, I didn't even major in accounting (I majored in economics) anyway and in fact changed my major senior year so that I would take less accounting."

While the stock photo of the crisp Andrew Jacksons on the insert was puzzling (DeVry helps you land jobs with clients who pay cash under the table?), the true puzzler was the stock photo at the top of the insert. Because I've been an accountant for 19 years and don't recall many evenings in the club surrounded by lithe young hotties. Or maybe that's the alternative payment to cash under the table? That damn economics degree didn't teach me anything!