Friday, February 01, 2008

So Boring That Woog Was Entertaining In A Good Way

If I had unable to watch tonight's Sioux at Gophers game and you had told me that it ended with the Sioux winning 2-1 in overtime, I would have assumed that I had missed a classic. This was not the case. In fact, this had to have been the most boring close game between the teams I have seen in almost 30 years of Sioux hockey watching. The only time I got worked up was when FSN lost their feed late in the second period. (Way to spend that Murdoch money.) Both teams were mediocre and made lazy, horrible passes. Only the two goalies looked like high quality players out there.

But the Sioux won after they decided to show up for overtime and the winning goal was pretty freakin' cool. Of course I'll tune in tomorrow night - I just hope the Sioux show up.

And here's the Woog comments that were genuinely funny (and there was a third one that I can't remember):

After Frank claimed (no doubt tongue-in-cheek) that he and Woog cover both the Gophers and their opponents "fairly and down the middle," Woog said: "That middle line moves as we (the Gophers) are winning."

Woog on the start of a Gophers power play: "Power play with a small 'p'."

Update: Trupp's goal was SportsCenter's Play of the Day.