Sunday, November 02, 2008

How I Spent My Vacation

Actually, it was a staycation.

Too much MSNBC.

Not enough of Esquire and Mojo.

Dealing with stupid ongoing back trouble. Geez this crap gets old.

Finally got over my fear of "One Tin Soldier", a song that had freaked me out since I was six years old.

Sleeping.

Wild Turkey Rye! It's like ten bucks more per bottle than Old Overcoat but so tasty and has a nice little kick to it. Decisions, decisions. (As for Jim Beam Rye, don't bother.)

Deep-ball poetry after ground-game prose wasn't working at all.

Teena Marie, Stargard, Funkadelic, Kool and the Gang, War, Roy (not Bill) Ayers, Parliament, Rufus, The Impressions, Earth Wind & Fire, The Ohio Players, and many more. Glad I did some exploring on the Sirius radio and dug some dust-gathering albums out of the collection.

And aside from the previous-post-mentioned pizza and beers with Bob on the night I started my staycation (which - hello IRS - was a business meeting, I do his books), I stayed out of the bars! Congrats to those who bet the "under"!