Wednesday, January 26, 2005

At The Bar (Part V)

The bartender, who I am quite fond of, suddenly leans in and holds up a bar tab so that only I can read her lips. Though I can hear her. "See the bald guy over there?" Yeah, I say. And I had noticed him, trying to flirt with her, buying and doing a shot with her. "I think he's a serial killer," she says. "I was watching Montel today and he listed all the symptoms of a serial killer, and this guy matches all of them." Wow, I say. "Don't leave here alone," she says. "I'm having somebody walk me to my car when I leave." Okay, I say. "And don't look at him," she says. Not a problem, I say, because I can't keep my eyes off of you. She smiles.

And later I grinned and thought: You will always look good to the ladies in comparision to a serial killer.