Friday, January 21, 2005

I Wouldn't Join Any Club That Would Have Me?

The social event of the season:

The next MOB (Minnesota Organization of Bloggers) party is January 22nd at Keegan's Irish Pub (16 University Avenue NE, Minneapolis.) The bash starts at 5:00 p.m.

So come on out and see me have a couple, three beers and do stoopid stuff like:

1) Ask The Elder from Fraters Libertas if he'll "head down the street to Whitey's for a Stroh's Dark and then go to the Pepper for some ham grinders with taco meat."

2) Challenge Saint Paul from Fraters to arm wrestle to see who Jessy Greene loves the most.

3) Continually tell Lileks that "West Fargo is a tough-guy town."

You Be Illin': It's Saturday night around seven. I woke up this afternoon around 1:30 with a sore throat. I drank a bunch of water, had some cereal, and read the paper. Then I went back to sleep and just woke up. I could rally and make it down to Keegan's (gotta go out and move the car across the street for the snow emergency anyway), but one inadvertent handshake could start a chain reaction that makes the whole room sick. I won't be the guy who shuts down the Twin Cities' blogosphere for a few days.