Saturday, January 08, 2005

Tice And Moss: Creepy

Dan Barrerio interviewed Vikings coach Mike Tice the other night on KFAN. The way Tice talks with Randy Moss is creepy. Creepy like how a couple of years ago when Moss returned to practice after being arrested for trying to run over a traffic cop. Tice chewed Moss out, and then Moss later said something like: "All you did was yell at me and all I wanted was a hug." Whatta fucking sap!

Anyway ... in this excerpt below, Moss and Tice try to explain Journalism 101 (with Sid Hartman as a prime example) to Dan Barrerio:

Randy Moss: The reason why I don't like 'em okay? Because If you're supposed to be the local media, you're supposed to stand behind your home team through thick and thin. And we haven't had that since I've been here seven years, so why give them the benefit of doing an interview with me? I know Andrea Kramer and Coach Jimmy Johnson, so I just gave them interviews. I mean, it's nothing against, you know, me doing an interview and not giving them one. It's just I don't like giving interviews with people here in Minneapolis, it's as simple as that.

Dan Barrerio: For the sake of our local media, they don't need me to speak for them; but first of all there are a couple media members locally - I think, Randy, in fact, I think one you may be the only one that you talk to regularly, who is very much behind the local team, is in fact a cheerleader and apologist sometimes for the local team, but I think the job a lot of us look at as -

Tice: Are you picking on Sid (Hartman), Dan?

Barrerio: I'm picking on Sid a little -

Tice: Why would you pick on Sid? Because Sid's positive, now you wanna say he's an apologist. Sid has the right idea. Sid's behind the local teams thick and thin. Sid has the right idea. And that's what Randy's talking about.