Friday, August 11, 2006

At the Lake

I'm at my parents' cabin now enjoying an ice-cold Premium. I'll be up here for the next nine days, so no more blogging after tonight until I get back to the bunker.

Chris Riemenschneider in today's Strib has a great anecdote about how the Hold Steady's Craig Finn was taunting White Sox fans during their set at Lollapalooza in Chicago. It reminds me about the Replacements' last show ever, also in Chicago. It was 1991 and the Twins had recently reeled off 15 straight wins. Paul Westerberg changed some of the words in "Within Your Reach" to something like "never seen the White Sox go fifteen and oh."

I have no links on any of the above as the combo here of: 1) Windows, 2) dial-up, and 3) AOL make me feel like I'm dealing with Soviet-era technology so I better quit while I'm ahead. See all y'all later.