Sunday, July 25, 2004

My Favorite Album Covers From The Fifties And Sixties

Bo Diddley - His Greatest Sides Volume One
The Who Sell Out
Herb Alpert's Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream & Other Delights
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
The Rolling Stones - 12 x 5
Johnny Cash At San Quentin
The Beatles - Abbey Road

1) My only qualification is that they must be albums that I actually own. And only one album per artist.

2) The Bo Diddley album is an anthology released in the eighties, but I thought I'd put it here.

3) The Who album is best appreciated if you see the back cover also.

4) Herp Albert album cover nicely (?) ripped off by Soul Asylum.

5) I don't like that Beatles album that much. Great cover though.

6) Most fifties music I own is anthologies, so I admittedly have a lack of great covers from that era.