Wednesday, May 14, 2008

"I'm A Capitalist, Nat! I've Got Untapped Reserves. I'm Rich!"

I just watched The Lost Weekend, a movie about a struggling writer who enjoys rye. (Why does this sound familiar?) The movie inspired me to come up with a list of ten great places to hide a bottle. Some are from the movie, some I came up with on my own:

Top shelf of the bedroom closet (movie)

In the light fixture (movie)

In my brother's suitcase (movie)

In the big bag of cat food (me)

In the vacuum cleaner bag (movie)

Behind the vinyl, top shelf (me)

Under the mattress (movie)

Behind the family's Finnish-language bible (me)

Tied to a rope, hanging outside your bedroom window (movie)

Behind that little door in the wall that leads to a space where you can work on the plumbing for the bathtub (me, inspired by the movie)