Monday, November 17, 2003

This Ain't No Place To Jones

Rush Limbaugh returns to the airwaves today. While many liberals laughed at Rush's addiction, I instead laughed at all of his fans. But I would now like to take this opportunity to say a big howdy-do to all of you Limbaugh fans who have unfailingly waited on everything a drug addict had to say. I mean, for me, it's like "Welcome to the club!"

Over the years, I've loved the words, works, and performances of addicts and drunks such as: Keith Richards, Guns 'n Roses, Kurt Cobain, Paul Westerberg, Ray Charles, Waylon Jennings, Johnny Cash, Lester Bangs, David Letterman, Lemmy Kilminster, Ron Wood, James Hetfield, Robert Downey Jr., Jerry Lee Lewis, and many many more.

The recommended song today for all the Limbaugh lovers (past and present) is Paul Westerberg's "Hillbilly Junk." Enjoy the return of your hero.