Sunday, August 29, 2004

Kerry Volunteered And Served, Bush Did Not

A link sent from Chris at Incoming Signals, former lieutenant governor of Texas Ben Barnes on George W. Bush:

"I got a young man named George W. Bush into the National Guard when I was lieutenant governor of Texas and I'm not neccessarily proud of that ... But I did it ... I got a lot of other people into the National Guard because I thought that's what people should do when you're in office, you helped a lot of rich people.

"And I walked to the Vietnam Memorial the other day and I looked at the names of the people that died in Vietnam and I became more ashamed of myself that I'd ever been because the worst thing I did was kept a lot of wealthy supporters and a lot of people who had family names and importance get into the National Guard, and I'm very sorry of that and I'm very ashamed and I apologize to you voters of Texas."