Thursday, March 31, 2005

Mitch Hedberg, RIP

My good friend Joel just called me with the news. He had turned me on to Hedberg's humor and we saw him perform a couple of times in the Twin Cities. The first time was in St. Paul, where Hedberg riffed away with jokes while a dude played jazz lines on a stand-up bass. We were exhausted from laughing by the time the show was over. 37 is way too young. Rest in peace, Mitch.

You can check out some of Mitch's material here.

Joel checks in with a memory: I think the best show I ever saw was the one with you at Fitzgerald theater. He had the bass player in the background. His timing/rhythm was just incredible. It was amazing how he would build up the laughs to a point where he could say anything and you would bust a gut laughing. "I can't wait until the show is over. I have a roll of lifesavers in my pocket, and the next one is pineapple."