Thursday, April 07, 2005

I Wanna See Someone Throw A Dead Gopher On The Ice After A Sioux Goal

My Sioux are playing the hated Gophers tonight. It's an all-WCHA Frozen Four with rivals Colorado College and Denver University playing (DU ended up winning 6-2) as I type. And I posted a tasteless pontiff photo. Classy guy.

Random notes -

* Don Lucia said he'd rather play the Sioux on Lake Superior than a regulation-size rink. Considering Ohio's history of rink management in the Frozen Four (anybody remember all that melted ice in '96?), that might not be a bad idea.

* On ESPN, they showed a scalper who looked eerily like Donald Rumsfeld trying to sell tickets to a Sioux fan.

* Watching Barry Melrose try to explain the WCHA's dominance is funny. Oh, and drop the pinstripe suits Barry.

* I want UM's Derek Peltier to draw a penalty tonight, just so I can yell "Free Peltier!"