Saturday, July 28, 2007

Best Summer Ever Rolls On

When I was a kid, I had a jackknife. I either got it from my Dad or absorbed it from my brother. I don't remember using it for anything, but it was sure fun to open and close. The dream knife to have for my circle of friends was a Swiss Army Knife. They looked damn cool and had all kinds of utensils included - bottle opener, can opener, screwdriver, etc. But such as knife was out of my price range. Then when I got older and the Swiss Army Knife was financially in my reach, I thought: "What the hell would I do with it?"

Well this week I was at a client's office and jammed a stapler. I racked my brain trying to get that jammed staple out. Eventually, I ended up making use of one of my keys as a tool and got the stapler fixed. But while I was working on it, I thought: "Damn, I should pack stuff like a screwdriver and tweezers in my bookbag just for situations like this." Then the Swiss Army knife popped into my head. That night, I headed to Target and bought the Spartan model of the Swiss Army Knife. Don't know if I'll run into another scary stapler jam, but it sure is fun to open and close.