Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday Tuneage
Black Halos - "No Tomorrow Girls"
2001

As I've written before, I have an iTunes jukebox playlist that I like to fire up, hit "shuffle", and blast on headphones late at night with a nightcap or two. This tune is a fave when it shows up. Catchy, fast, features yeah-yeahs, and is over before you know it. Plus, half the time I think it's Faster Pussycat anyway. It also mentions rye whiskey:

You see them dancing in a club
They're drinking rye, you're drunk on love
But you know you ain't got a chance

Wow those lines hit home hard, no wonder I downloaded this one back in my days of actually going to clubs. And right when you (not me, I'm not the biggest lyrics guy) are ready to swoon in your rock-lyrics-as-poetry boots, it's soon followed by this gem:

The future's shining brightly in their thighs

Damn! That shows that there needs to be a punk rock version of This Is Spinal Tap. Want further proof? A quick perusal of their Wikipedia page shows this:

They broke up in 2008 after having their equipment stolen while on tour.