Saturday, March 06, 2004

Union Yes
(or)
Caught A Buzz? Catch The Bus!


Yesterday I twice drove by Metro Transit pickets. I honked and gave them a thumbs-up. They are the people who have repeatedly driven me home to and from the bar on those nights when one drink just doesn't cut it. They are the people who drove me to and from the CC Club on the most recent (and oh-so-awesome) Christmas Eve afternoon when I sat by myself with a pitcher of Leiny and wrote page after page. They are the people who drove me to and from the Poster Offensive show in Northeast Minneapolis last Friday.

And I'm a guy who only rides the bus for fun. There are thousands of workers and students who use the busses daily to ... ahhhhh, I'm not exactly talking about the Pawlenty contingent here, am I?

The Metro Transit workers do a superb job and deserve what they're asking for. Go strikers!