Sunday, June 06, 2004

I Know Nothing About Hoops
(or)
And The Pistons Have Better Uniforms


I probably should be cheering for Phil Jackson (UND '67) and the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA finals, but thing is - I'd rather see smug Karl Malone be denied a ring than see Jackson win another.

Besides, Larry Brown coaches the Detroit Pistons. I've been a fan of his ever since I saw the ABA Denver Nuggets play at McNichols Arena thirty years ago. Brown has had an incredible coaching career - only three losing seasons in the pros since 1972 and an NCAA title with Kansas in 1988. And he'll be coaching the USA Olympic team this summer to the gold as they crush all the pretend basketball powers.

(Oh, and remembertheaba.com is a goldmine of ABA memories. I still miss that red, white, and blue basketball.)