Thursday, March 22, 2007

How Will All The Dungy-Slurpers Rationalize This One?

Tony Dungy - Nice guy? Never met him, everybody says yes. He seems like a good guy.

Tony Dungy - Great coach? Undoubtably. Super Bowl winner and designer (at Tampa Bay) of one of the great NFL defenses I've seen in my lifetime.

Tony Dungy - Annoying Godboy? For sure. In a recent appearance, he supported a constitutional amendment that defines marriage as between one man and one woman.

According to the article, the pastor at Dungy's church said Dungy previously voiced support after his sermons proclaimed the Bible's opposition to homosexuality.

I wonder if the anti-gay Christians who "proclaim the Bible's opposition to homosexuality" have also sworn off bacon and hot dogs. I seem to recall condemnations on eating pork in the Old Testament also.

Yep, as a country we sure need constitutional amendments to appease all those 19th century Christian cults who selectively read the Bible. Thankfully, the copy of the Constitution I keep in my bookbag promises me freedom from religion.

Sorry Old Testament God and all wackjob Christians: I hope the Colts get fucking destroyed next season.