Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Who Else Was Saying: "Cinderella Story, Out Of Nowhere ..."
(or)
Ironically, "Rocco" Is One Of The Guys Al Czervik Asks To Help The Judge Find His Checkbook


I've been working at home on Mondays for about ten years now. Not only is it a great way to avoid Manic Mondays - well they can still get manic but it's easier to deal with it when working alone - but when the U.S. Open goes to a playoff, I can easily schedule my work around checking out the golf. And today by the time Tiger and Rocco were finishing up the 15th, I dropped everything and planted myself in front of the TV for the drama. (Have I mentioned how awesome sports look on HD?)

About ninety minutes later, Tiger Woods had won his fourteenth major. I wasn't really cheering for (or more correctly, against) either guy. Rocco Mediate seems like a sweetheart of a guy, is a fellow forty-something, and I just love saying "Rocco Mediate." Tiger is an awesome historic sports figure with ice water in his veins in the majors. Plus it turns out that they are good friends. Whoever won, I knew I could say I had witnessed one of the great major finishes of all time.

So yes, yet another case for self-employment: You can watch sports on TV in the afternoon.