Monday, January 05, 2009

I Don't Wanna Go To School Work

I haven't worked since December 23rd and I gloriously ended that workday with a walk over to the 331 Club (a client is a few blocks away), where they have three brands of rye and I was able to have a couple of Old Overcoat and ginger ales, write in my new bubblegum-colored notebook (good job Mead, coming up with new colors!), and contemplating writing a poem about daytime bartenders.

The past many days have featured more writing and daydreaming about how to spend my Christmas money and gift cards. But come Monday I gotta start dealing with obligations and deadlines and reality. To top it off, it's Gopher Week meaning Friday and Saturday will be filled with all the anxities involved with a Sioux/Gophers series. (Wish we coulda played the Goofs this weekend and Bemidji State next weekend, that would have worked out a lot better.) Oh, and I got a real cool hat for Christmas, but it's maroon and gold so superstition prevents me from wearing it this week.

I really don't want to work but I guess I should feel fortunate to still have work to do. Those Heinekens next Friday night will taste nice.