Monday, October 27, 2003

Fast Eddie

You'd think I'd be excited that someone from MTV emailed me earlier today (I wasn't exactly the guy they were looking for anyway), but really I'm more thrilled about recently receiving two emails from folks who are under the impression that I am able to pass them on to Ed Schultz.

Did I hear you say that you wanted another Eddie Schultz story? Okay. Last January, the KFAN radio network has him fill in on a Friday show for my fave Dan "The Common Man" Cole. Eddie is doing the show from his studio up in Fargo, that night the North Dakota Fighting Sioux hockey team starts a two-game series against the Minnesota Gophers in Minneapolis. People are calling in to talk about the hockey game, Eddie is assuring everyone that the #1-ranked Sioux are going to hand it to the hated Gophers and sweep 'em. He also keeps plugging his second-hour interview with Sioux coach Dean Blais, makes some oh-Dean-is-an-old-buddy type of remark about how Deano loves to fish in the offseason.

It gets to be close for the time of the Blais interview. Suddenly, Eddie finds out that Blais has cancelled the interview - there's some coaching duties he needs to attend to. Eddie goes ballistic, says that he is now officially cheering for the Gophers, and repeatedly calls the Sioux coach "Bush League Blais." He is freakin' PISSED.

And I'm sitting at my kitchen table laughing and damn near crying. Mad Dog Eddie does it again.