Monday, December 17, 2007

I Will Never Hear "These Eyes" The Same Again

I finally watched Superbad last weekend and it's the best teen comedy since Dazed and Confused, which was the best teen comedy since Fast Times At Ridgemont High, which is the gold standard. (And I feel I'm hedging my bets with all three of these movies by applying the "teen" tag to them.) Superbad is awesome, and lives up to the hype used in TV trailers last summer. Phrases like (I'm working on memory here): "Once in a generation" and "Will be quoted endlessly."

I had to stop the movie about halfway through to regroup, I was laughing so much. (This was during the breathalyzer scene.) In my three-plus years of Netflixing, it may well be the first movie that I hold onto to watch again. So yes, I will be one of those annoying people who just may refer to you as "McLovin." You've been warned.