Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Who Killed Heath Ledger?

I'll tell you who: Bob Dylan and the Joker. Ledger's body was found with a bottle of sleeping pills nearby. Why the need to sleep?

Ledger told The New York Times in a November interview that he "stressed out a little too much" during the Dylan film and had trouble sleeping while portraying the Joker, whom he called a "psychopathic, mass-murdering, schizophrenic clown with zero empathy."

"Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night," Ledger told the newspaper. "I couldn't stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going." He said he took two Ambien pills, which worked for only an hour, the paper said.


In all seriousness, it was sad to hear of his passing. He was awesome in Brokeback Mountain and his talent should have been obvious to me early - he managed to take my thoughts off of Julia Stiles in 10 Things I Hate About You. Gotta go watch that The Dark Knight trailer again. RIP, Heath Ledger.