Sunday, February 03, 2008

Biggest Super Bowl Upset Ever

Yes, the New York Football Giants win over the Patriots was a bigger upset than the Jets beating the Colts in Super Bowl III. That was a case of the Jets being sold short because they were an AFL team. Today's game was a much bigger upset.

I could talk about Randy Moss being such a non-factor in this year's playoffs (at least he didn't come up with a sore tummy and leave the Super Bowl early like he tended to do for the Vikings in NFC title games), but I'd rather talk about Super Bowl III ... specifically why the only video on the web that I can find of the iconic Joe Namath finger wave is a brutal booleg version on YouTube. Years ago, I was easily able to find this video online and in fact captured a photo that I used for a webpage on my website. (Crap, I need to update that Exiled once again got zero awards in 2007.) I think the reason I can't find good video of the iconic Namath moment is the Stalinist nature of the NFL - they no doubt have people in charge of squashing non-sanctioned videos from appearing online. Great. Nice way to market your sport.

Ah hell, I really don't care about the NFL's stance on this. It's just that during Super Bowl time, I want to watch Broadway Joe run off the field, finger in the air. And I want to watch it all the time.