Monday, February 18, 2008

Not A Good Omen To Start The Week

So I just finished up doing one of my physical therapy rituals to help my back - icing the lower back for twenty minutes. I decided to lay on the floor, propped up on my elbows, and read a book while the ice did its work. I had Little Steven's syndicated show on KQRS. After a few minutes, I realized that about halfway through my icing, the show would end and KQ would revert to its usual programming. No big deal, I thought, it'll be the all-request hour. You've actually heard some good tunes during that. It's not like they will be playing the Doors or Eric Clapton.

So what did they play to start off the hour? The Doors FOLLOWED BY Eric Clapton. Arrgh! The ice was feeling so good that I didn't want to get up to change the station and the remote was out of reach. Eventually, I tried throwing a nerf basketball that was on the floor next to me at the on/off button on the receiver. Two tries (left-handed!) just missed but hit so that the ball bounced back to me. The third try (right-handed, my natural way, but a little tougher angle) was off to the left and only succeeded in knocking my Discwasher on the floor and leaving the ball on the stereo stand.

The Doors and Eric Clapton. Some things make a bad back worse.