Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Gotta Love Those Baltimore Murder Police

Finished up season four of Homicide tonight. Wow.

If in earlier seasons I liked to compare myself to Frank Pembleton, this season early on I identified with Tim Bayliss - he of the bad back. I think I tweaked my bad back tonight messing around with my bicycle. (It shouldn't be that difficult to carry it a half-dozen steps down to my building's basement and storage space.)

Season four also saw the fleshing out of Meldrick Lewis's character, who said some great words regarding marriage: "This is like a life sentence here. You're talkin' about PTA meetins and changin' diapers or mowin' lawns." Lewis is played by the funny and likeable Clark Johnson. (Never met him, but from the first scene he appeared in The Wire, I liked him.)

Speaking of The Wire, there was a Homicide episode today that was like a prequel to The Wire: Drug dealing in the towers? Check. Black Muslim? Check. Higher-up brass making life miserable for the lieutenant because of politics? Check. Leaks to the Baltimore Sun? Check. It even had the actor who portrayed McNulty's judge buddy!