Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Tuesday Tuneage
Link Wray &His Ray Men - "Rumble"
1958

MEMO
February 1, 2013
To: Evan Ruud, CEO Tuomala Worldwide
From: Bill Tuomala, Jack Of Some Trades
Re: LinkedIn Account

Evan -

I appreciate the company's move towards social networking, but can I close my LinkedIn account? It's useless! Words fail me on how crappy the LinkedIn experience has been in my six years or so of dealing with it.

"LinkedIn is a wasteland of the hopeless, overeducated, unemployed. It's a hope-free zone." - Def Jeff Johnson

LinkedIn has gotten me zero new accounting clients. I suspect folks just Google my name and after they read my assorted irreverent essays and my inane tweets, they take a pass. Obviously, my twenty-five years of experience and self-proclaimed title of "Best Bookkeeper in Minneapolis" does not help me online.

"I suspect that my antisocial minority will soon be a majority, and we'll have an antisociety! Imagine that! Will Rogers the ultimate outlaw!" - Lester Bangs

You can probably guess how I feel when I get those requests to "Join my network on LinkedIn." Do you think my heart skips a beat or do I think "Ah, crap"? Yep, you know it. They've replaced the forwarded "this is funny" emails from the days of yore. Why deal with this type of nonsense in my inbox? I've got lists to make, inspiration to ponder, and work to contemplate.

"He's on LinkedIn, Lemon. He might as well be dead!" - Jack Donaghy

Let me know how I should move on this issue.
thanks
BT


MEMO
February 2, 2013
To: Bill Tuomala
From: Evan Ruud
Re: LinkedIn Account

Tuomala -

For a figurehead, you have a lot to say. My advice: Terminate with extreme prejudice.
Evan