Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Bill's Eye For The Straight Guy

Damn the latest Tom the Dancing Bug sure hits close to home. It's like Ruben Bolling has studied my life.

1) Grooming: I go to the corner barber shop. Fifteen bucks (including tip) for a short back 'n sides.

2) Design: A green futon from a friend's basement and an entertainment center rescued from a dumpster.

3) Food and Wine: Wendy's or brats on the George Foreman Indoor Grill. I do get fancy with popcorn cooked on the stovetop though.

4) Fashion: Teeshirt with some logo or something on it. Shorts from Target or jeans from Kohl's.

5) Culture: Friday nights are typically college hockey on TV, online poker (for fake money), and some metal on headphones. In a twist on the comic, I spend Saturday night answering angry emails from zine readers!

Update 8/27: Today I went for a haircut and my barber Dan said that "30 to 40 percent" of his clientele is gay. This isn't surprising as your neighborhood barber shop will typically give a guy as good as a haircut as any salon - and for much less money. I should have caught this earlier.