Monday, March 10, 2008

Google Street View = Cool, Disconcerting

I know am likely the last Internet-savvy person in the country to check out the street level view of Google Maps ... but wow was I blown away tonight. I was able to see my kitchen window and the dumpster it overlooks!

Here's some Google snapshots from my neighborhood:

1) Fave dive bar

2) Second-fave dive bar

3) Fave coffee shop

4) Fave record store

5) Record store I go to more than my fave because it's closer and is two blocks from a client. And I'm usually at said client on Monday evenings dropping off paperwork and nothing beats the Monday blues like flipping through vinyl in a basement.

6) My apartment building (my kitchen window not seen here)

(Yeah some photos are fuzzy - I think this is from me using Google's zoom feature. I don't give a rip.) (And yeah, I should go and take better photos of these places but the only camera I own is a Polaroid. You know how a picture is worth a thousand words? I'm the guy who writes the thousand words.)